Thursday, 24 May 2012

garden : may

Well it looks like spring took a year off again and the uk launched straight into summer 2 days ago.


everything is 6 weeks behind, i`m usually  chomping on lettuces and spinach by now, but never mind.

i had to move the spinach into a pot, away from the slugs, but they are coming on nicely now.


i`m sure it rained here for 5 weeks non-stop, which didnt do the bluebells any favours.


this years sunflowers, -


only a few inches tall, so they have a long way to go to beat the monster that grew last year. - i stopped measuring when it got to 8 foot.


these are my cro-cosmias, which WILL be in flower next month, followed by my last surviving gladioli i



music : something i did last weekend after watching many many  hours of youtube tutorials








6 comments:

  1. OMG, the garden looks amazing, Crowbloke! I absolutely adore sunflowers! They're my favourite! I once grew a whopper, too. The head was the size of a dinner plate! Boy, did we have a ton of birds when it dried!

    I was in my garden today, too. I did heaps of weeding, reshaped the flower beds and I redistributed the plants that had multiplied over the summer and such. What a job, I'm going to be sore in the morning!

    Can't wait to see how the greens turn out. Hope you have a salad worthy crop soon. Much love. :) ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. the music is amazing! Liked it and recommended it on G+! Going to give the other songs a listen now, too. Wicked! :) ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again! Just gave the other 4 tracks a listen... Amazing! I'm not even going to ask how you do what you do, but just know that you work a wild and wonderful magic, Crowbloke! I absolutely love what you did with the Vangelis. (yeah, I'm that old!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i get off on producing things,, what can i say.

      many thanks.

      Delete
  4. I like the gardening posts. We just planted a garden for the first time ever. Hoping it turns out well. Yours looks like it is well on its way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my garden was lovely til last year when my landlord ripped it to pieces,, this is the first year of a new garden. its very satisfying watching it develop over the years.

      Delete